Spiraled Summer Squash and Shrimp Salad
A truly spectacular salad is one that offers a range of textures with complimentary flavors, and this one hits the mark: with the spiciness of arugula, the meatiness of shrimp, tanginess of olives, and little sprinkles of creaminess from the feta, this nutrient-rich “faux pasta” dish is perfect for lunch or dinner. The squash can be transformed into noodles using a variety of tools, such as a countertop or hand held spiralizer, julienne peeler, mandoline, or standing mixer attachment.
Key Nutrients: Selenium, vitamin B-12, phosphorus, vitamin A, vitamin K, copper, iodine, vitamin C, manganese, magnesium
- 4 summer squash, washed
- 4 cups arugula, loosely packed, washed
- 2 heirloom tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup pitted kalamata olives
- ½ pound of feta cheese, crumbled
- 1-pound shrimp, deveined, and cleaned
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Trim the ends of the squash and turn the squash into noodles using your preferred method.
- In a large bowl, toss together squash, arugula, tomatoes, olives, shrimp, and cheese.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together dressing ingredients, olive oil, vinegar, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Season the shrimp with salt and pepper. Grill or broil the shrimp for 4 minutes. Flip halfway through.
- Add grilled shrimp to squash mixture. Drizzle the dressing on top and toss again.
Nutrition Facts (per serving)