Kale and Crimini Frittata
This dish is a great for brunch on the weekend or an easy weeknight dinner. Kale belongs to the cruciferous vegetable family and provides numerous health benefits. Eggs are a perfect protein, scoring 100% on the Biological Value scale (a measurement of how quickly your body can utilize the protein), and the mushrooms offer a meaty texture in this yummy vegetarian dish.
Key Nutrients: Vitamin K, vitamin A, vitamin C, b vitamins, selenium, cooper, choline, vitamin D
- 1 tablespoon ghee
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 ounces crimini mushrooms, cleaned, sliced into thirds
- 2 cups curly kale, washed, de-stemmed, chopped
- 10 large organic eggs
- ¾ cup organic milk
- ¼ cup grated cheddar cheese
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F. Heat ghee over medium-high heat in a medium sized pan. Sauté garlic for 2 minutes. Then add mushrooms and continue to sauté for 5 additional minutes. Add kale, sauté for five minutes, continually mixing kale to wilt.
- Add mushroom and kale mixture to the bottom of a 9” glass pie pan. Sprinkle cheese on top.
- Whisk eggs and milk together in a medium sized bowl. Add salt and pepper. Pour the egg mixture into pie pan.
- Set the pan in the middle of the oven. Bake for 50 minutes or until egg mixture puffs up and a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Nutrition Facts (per serving)